What is single session counselling?
If you have no previous experience of counselling single session therapy is a great way of learning more about how the counselling process works. There's no obligation to have further sessions.
Single session therapy may also suit you if you are familiar with counselling but don't want to commit to regular sessions.
If you associate with one of the following statements, then this service may be for you:
- You have things that you want to get off your chest without fear of judgement or bias
- You have a difficult decision to make and want to talk it through with someone impartial, without the influence of friends and family
- You are a student concerned about starting university, keeping up with studies or making life choices after graduation.
- You’re not sure if you really ‘need’ counselling, but something doesn’t feel right
- You have experienced a single traumatic event or suffer with a phobia and would like to significantly reduce the symptoms associated with this i.e. flashback, nightmares, intrusive images and triggers (follow up sessions may be required).
At the time of booking I will discuss with you your reasons for choosing a single session and we will establish if this type of therapy is suitable for you.
You will get 1 hr of counselling time to talk and reflect whilst getting insight and support from a qualified counsellor.
How does it differ to regular counselling?
There is no expectation that you will have any further sessions. In view of this we will discuss at the start of the session what you want to achieve in the allocated time available, this will help us stay focused and keep to your agenda. I cannot guarantee full resolve of your issues within a single session. Whilst it is not obligatory, you may book in for further therapy sessions if you wish.
Where does single session therapy take place?
You can choose a home visit, online counselling via Whereby, a straight forward, easy to access video platform, or telephone counselling.